After being hurt so many times especially by people close to me or people I’m supposed “lookup” to, has lead me to build a 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 without even realizing it.
It’s natural for one to protect yourself because being hurt over and over again sucks. In most cases, people turn to build the 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 knowingly and some unknowingly. In all honesty, personally, building this wall has also led me to stop trusting in God 100%.
One thing I have learned from the song reckless love by Cory Asbury is not that Jesus’s love is reckless but He loves without the 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, even knowing that He will be hurt yet He still loves without holding 𝐇𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 back.
Holding myself back made me realize that I don’t trust Jesus Christ 100%, to heal me, that He can look after me, that He will comfort me when I’m hurt, and that I don’t have faith in Him. I surrendered my 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 and live my life according to the word of God.
“Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 9:23 𝐍𝐊𝐉𝐕
It’s amazing how something that is meant to protect you later destroys you 𝐈𝐅 you are not being watchful. All I wanted was to protect myself from being hurt again while waiting for the return of Jesus Christ. Please don’t get me wrong, the 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 is needed, I mean we all need to protect ourselves against pride, bad friends, bad conversations, selfishness, and 𝐀𝐋𝐋 sin.
After bringing down my 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 (holding myself back to love recklessly) with tons and tons of help from the Lord Jesus, it has freed me, I now love without expectation and I love because Jesus is Love. He has shown me how and where to draw the line.
Be honest and answer yourself: are there any 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 that you have built within yourself? your aim could have been to protect yourself from being hurt but it led to something such as having bad eyes, being judgmental, pride, selfishness, low self-esteem, brokenness, lack of trust ( in God and people), etc.
Thank you for reading this blog post and I hope that it has helped me.
See you in the next post.
- 5 Ways To Support BloggersDear Readers. Today we must talk about the ways you can support your fellow bloggers. We have seen so many people change their lifestyles and start … 5 Ways To Support Bloggers
- I made Protein Banana BreadYes, I went live on IG officially for the first time and to my surprise I liked it. I saved the live, in case you would like to see the video. My Instagram handle ( scan the picture below)
- Define the word TRUST ( part 1)Dear Reader, I asked a few of the people I know to define the word TRUST, it’s something that has been on my heart lately.
- July 2021 – PlaylistThese are the top songs that were on repeat on my playlist during June. One thing about is that I love music. I’m one of those people who drive, studies and work with music in the background and these were my top 5. In no particular order because every day I would wake up with…
- 5 Habits Entrepreneurs should stop doing.Entrepreneurship is the act of creating a business or business while building and scaling it to generate a profit. The more modern entrepreneurship definition is also about transforming the world by solving big problems Being an entrepreneur is all about solving problems and filling a gap in the market that is missing in the hope…